Friday, September 12, 2008

Mexico

The Beach...it feeds my soul. We booked this trip before we went to Guatemala, so I wasn't sure how it would be traveling some place luxurious after spending week in the ghetto. It was great, really. I found myself thinking so much about the people working at our resort....taking time to know them and visit. I loved talking to guests from Spain and Italy and seeing Addie play with their children (even though they couldn't communicate well with words). I'm super sensory, so I love the sounds of Spanish being spoken, the palm trees blowing and the waves crashing. I love the smells of the ocean, Mexican spices and limes. I love the bright colors of the water, the buildings, the the tropical plants. I love the breeze on my face, while reading a book and wiggling my toes in the sand. I've been to this part of the world many times and I never get tired of it...It feels like a real heaven on earth! It made think of Psalm 84:10..."Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere..." I think the real heaven will be wonderful!

No comments: