Friday, April 18, 2008

Life is Busy!

Life busy and hectic and crazy (especially when you have 2 kids, 2 small businesses, 6 employees and more dirty laundry than you can shake a stick at)! Most everyday I start with a long prayer in the shower (well, that is my excuse for using most all the hot water anyway). And it goes something like this..."God, please help me live in each wonderful moment you give me. Help me be open and ready to go where you spirit leads...."
Then my day really starts! And I'm sure most of you can relate...There are meals to make and lunches to pack. There are children to love and keep reasonably clean. There are activities, like gymnastics, bible study, story time. And meetings, emails and calls. And a marriage to nurture. And all day I've been too busy to even notice the cheerio glued to my shirt with slobber, let alone a need someone else may have.
So, when Phil and heard again about a trip to Guatemala City to help those less fortunate that us, we looked at each other and at the same moment said, "Let's go!" It really didn't seem like a sacrifice to ditch our fancy Mexico plans. I feel so grateful that our hearts want the same thing. We sort of long for a simpler life, with less stuff and a chance to bless others ...that is the reason for our businesses. We want an adventure and we want to teach our children that we are blessed and have a wonderful opportunity to share God's love and our talents with those who don't have as much. It will bring us closer to the Creator and make us better people in the process.

No comments: