Monday, June 9, 2008

Great Deals and Stuff....


Well, it just so happens that our local Disney store is closing (one of many closing per corporate it seems). Sad news, but great deals! I was able to buy over 50 small stuffed animals (Mrs. Pots, Balou, T-rex and more) for 100 bucks! This is just what the Dwayne has told us that the little ones love....small stuffed animals. And I totally bought out the $2 shirt wrack at Wal-Mart (regularly marked $5).
I'm no philanthropist, in fact, the people checking me out at those stores probably think I'm OCD! Gift giving is one of my love languages (thanks Tara!) and I just love the idea of blessing those kids with clothes and lovies.
I forgot I sold our old luggage in the garage sale I decided to have when I was deranged and super pregnant, so I've been wondering where we were going to round up two extra huge bags. Well, God had it figured out. On the way to Sam's Saturday, we found 2 HUGE suitcases with wheels for $1 (at a garage sale). One smelled a little like boy funk, but a good wiping with lysol wipes made is smell spring fresh again. We will just leave those bags, so there is less to bring back home.
We also bought a bag of "jewels" for Addie for 25 cents. She looked like Mr. T going to Sams, but had so much fun. Later, when I was going though everything I found this beautiful art deco pin with a real diamond. How fun! I think I will take it to our of customers and get it appraised...just for fun. I have to have my ring checked and cleaned anyway. I figured I'd have to a wait a few minutes while they get the graham cracker cement out of my diamond setting!

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE everyone going on the trip?! It is a diverse group and I'm so looking forward to learning from everyone.

And I found the cutest little travel games....travel scrabble (like a small book) and a tiny boggle game (smaller than my i-phone) for the plane. I'm so excited!!! Phil will be a captive audience with limited technology available.:O)

No comments: